THE Great British Bake Off sees Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith putting the contestants through their paces. Every week viewers watch the amateur
THE Great British Bake Off sees Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith putting the contestants through their paces.
Every week viewers watch the amateur bakers cooking up a storm – but sadly for one, their time is up in the famous tent.
Bake Off 2021 started off with 12 bakers – but each week one of them leaves the show[/caption]
Who left The Great British Bake Off last night?
George was the seventh contestant to leave The Great British Bake Off after failing to impress the judges.
Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith admitted that they were choosing between George and Lizzie to go home, and narrowly miss out on the quarter final.
And while Lizzie was stronger in the first two tasks in Caramel Week, her final bake disappointed the judges – with Prue branding it “inedible”.
Meanwhile, George had the opposite – struggling in the technical before blowing Paul away with his caramel cake and dome made out of sugar.
Fan favourite George was sent home[/caption]
Who won Star Baker?
Every week one lucky contestant gets awarded Star Baker, after impressing the judges the most that week.
The coveted title can be won multiple times, but only gets given out once a week.
more on bake off
OUT OF THE OVEN
Find out who left the Great British Bake Off last night
Inside the new Bake Off filming location – where the contestants stayed
This is who narrates the Great British Bake Off
Find out when Bake Off: An Extra Slice is on
Brendan O'Carroll says Mrs Brown's Boys was woke 'before woke was invented'
Great British Bake Off fans blast Prue Leith for 'toxic & triggering' comments
Bake Off's George rushed to paramedic after injury during challenge
Find out who gets to eat the yummy leftovers on Bake Off
The FULL line-up of Great British Bake Off 2021 contestants
ROLLING IN DOUGH
We reveal how much Great British Bake Off stars REALLY get paid
Here’s who has won Star Baker so far:
- Week one: Jürgen – after impressing in Cake Week with his mini roll signature, malt loaf technical and physics-defying night-time reading illusion showstopper.
- Week two: Jürgen – for the second week in a row, he was top pick of the judges after impressing with his chocolate and coffee brandy snaps and his incredibly tall gingerbread windmill.
- Week three: Giuseppe – The Bristol baker stunned the judges with his incredible performance on Bread Week, receiving the first Hollywood handshake this series.
- Week Four: Chigs – The Leicestershire man even got the coveted handshake from Paul Hollywood for his pavlova after impressing in Dessert Week.
- Week Five: Giuseppe – The Italian got his second Star Baker award after impressing the judges with his incredible performance on German Week.
- Week Six: Crystelle – She won thanks in large part to her showstopper. Her intricate cottage-shaped pie earned her a rare showstopper handshake from Paul Hollywood, who described it as “perfection”.
- Week Seven: Jürgen – The IT professional fought off competition from Crystelle to win the title.
Who has left Bake Off so far?
- Week One: Tom – a 28-year-old developer for his family software company in Kent.
- Week Two: Jairzeno – a 51-year-old head of finance from London.
- Week Three: Rochica – 27-year-old junior HR business partner from Birmingham.
- Week Four: Maggie – a 70-year-old retired nurse and midwife from Dorset.
- Week Five: Freya – a 19-year-old student from North Yorkshire.
- Week Six: Amanda – a 56-year-old detective with the Metropolitan Police in London.
- Week Seven: George – a 34-year-old Shared Lives co-ordinator from London.
Who is still left in the competition?
- Chigs – a 40-year-old sales manager from Leicestershire.
- Crystelle – a 26-year-old client relationship manager from London.
- Giuseppe – a 45-year-old who is a chief engineer from Bristol.
- Jürgen – an IT professional who is originally from Germany.
- Lizzie – a 28-year-old car production operative from Liverpool.
When is The Great British Bake Off next on TV?
Bake Off episodes continue to air every Tuesday night.
The action kicks off from 8pm on Channel 4.
You can catch up with any missed episodes on All 4.